It was bound to happen. Despite my attempts to write for CustomScoop and Media Bullseye and yet remain under the radar, I have been tagged by Sarah Wurrey, following on the summer meme started by Larissa Fair.
4 things you like about summer
- Long days: I can walk Ralph when it’s light out, a.m. and p.m.
- Rides on the bike (the R1200GS, belonging to the SO. I ride on the back).
- Eating outside
- Farmer’s markets
4 of your favorite vacation destinations
- Camping underneath the stars
- Maine: everywhere there is beautiful, and there’s lobster!
4 of your favorite summer foods
- local, vine ripe tomatoes (preferably with fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and good olive oil)
- Summer berries
- Anything grilled–meats, veggies, even dessert (hey, don’t knock it until you’ve tried grilled peaches with brown sugar and a little balsamic vinegar!)
- Lobster rolls
4 concerts not to miss
- Rush–going on July 11!
- Stroke 9–they are a great live band
- Journey/Heart/Cheap Trick (I’m going in September)
- I think I need to plug local bands too–not sure which ones I’ll go see
4 things to avoid during the summer
- Hot leather car seats when wearing shorts
- Bug bites–Triple E, West Nile, Lyme disease–these will ruin your summer.
- Sunburns (especially at my age, sun=wrinkles)