When does calling out a well-known company for poor customer service or a shoddy product on a blog or Twitter turn into outright brand bullying?
That’s the subject of this audio commentary.
* Heather B. Armstrong, author of the popular Dooce blog, takes Maytag to task for poor customer service on her Twitter account (@Dooce), where she has more than 1.2 million followers. Does the end — a repaired washer — justify the means and her tactics?
* Do bloggers and Twitter users now feel of sense of entitlement to right every wrong?
* Before you bash a brand in public on a blog or Twitter, consider these three steps:
- Take a deep breath. Better yet, sleep off the anger!
- Ask whether your complaint really merits a public mention; consider using available social media channels to resolve the issue privately.
- Respect the other members of your online community. Is raising a public stink about a bad brand experience really the best contribution you can offer to your readers and followers?