Although many PR pros may be enjoying a few last days at the beach or the lake, there’s still lots of helpful, thought-provoking content making its way to my computer screen. So, as always, I’ll share some of the best and most interesting pieces with you.
- Do you write for Medium? Do you even know what it is? If not, you should. Lee Glandorf of InkHouse Media + Marketing explains three reasons you should write for Medium. I’d add another one word reason: distribution.
- Jonathan and Erik Bernstein offer up a good reminder that you shouldn’t ignore employee communications during a crisis.
- Since many of you work for agencies, you should take a gander at Gini Dietrich’s post about the pros and cons of boutique versus large PR agencies. There’s plenty here for employees, entrepreneurs, and clients all to consider.
- The always sage Shonali Burke shared some great tips about PR metrics and measurement in an interview with Heather Whaling of prTini.
- Speaking of measurement, Katie Paine points to bad metrics as a key reason that PR pros don’t get more respect. Not surprisingly, she singles out AVE as a major culprit.