Lots of good PR and communications content from around the web this past week. Here are five posts that are certainly worth checking out.
- As always, Gini Dietrich has some good stuff over on her Spin Sucks blog in a post titled “Six Skills Every PR Pro Needs.” Hint: it’s heavy on non-traditional PR skills that skew much more toward the marketing side of the ledger. But with the lines blurring between the two disciplines, the PR pros of tomorrow need to be multifaceted.
- Is the risk of scheduled social media updates too great to take advantage of the flexibility they offer? An article from e-releases explores what could go wrong with scheduled updates.
- Ever wonder how LinkedIn decides what content to display when you’re looking at updates from your connections? ZDNet sheds light on how LinkedIn “prioritizes need to-know-content.”
- Amanda Grinavich of Shift Communications offers some good tips on how to extend the life of your earned media hits using social media.
- With all of the emphasis on data analytics, it’s easy to become consumed by cold, hard numbers. Bryce Liggins points out in an article for CommPRO.biz that communicators shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that success if really all about “relationships not clicks.”