I often get asked by people what it’s like to work in a public relations agency. I’m fortunate in that I have had a chance to gain experience in the agency world as a junior account executive, a senior executive, as a solo practitioner, and as founder of my own agency.
Of course, others have perspectives on the agency life experience. So we’ve compiled a list of some good posts about working in a PR agency that may be of interest to you, whether you’re a student seeking your first experience in PR or a mid-career professional considering a switch to the agency side.
- Why I Love Boutique PR Agency Life by Lydia Howard on Vantage PR.
- A Day in the Life of a PR Agency Intern by Chelsea Quinlan on Weber Shandwick
- Inside Look at PR: Agency Life According to a Journalism Major by Emma Reynolds on Porter Novelli InternBlog
- 7 Dirty (or encouraging) Secrets About PR Agency Life by Nicole Messier on Ragan’s PR Daily
- 7 Reasons To Work At A PR Firm by Dorothy Crenshaw on Crenshaw Communications
- A Day in the Life of a PR Pro by Marsha Friedman on EMSI
- So, Public Relations…what DO you do all day? By Ed Lee on Blog Herald
- 14 Key Skills & Attributes For New Public Relations Professionals by Dave Fleet on Dave Fleet
- Life’s Balancing Act: Creating Work/Life Balance as a PR Professional by Levente McCrary on Elizabeth Christian Public Relations
- My Life in PR: What retail taught me about public relations by Andrea Kenski on Franco Public Relations Group
- Finding Harmony as a PR Pro: 3 Tips to Make It Less Elusive Than You Think by Pam Njissang on Bhava Communications
- What It’s Like: Public Relations Specialist by Virginia Sole-Smith on More
- Behind The Scenes With A Public Relations Consultant by Leah Ruehlicke on TalentEgg
- Is Public Relations Right For You? By Desiree Simone on Flack Me